Saturday, August 02, 2008

Pappu can't dance....so? X-(


Yes. So Pappu can’t dance. What’s so wrong about that?

Pappu has an MBA (that requires some brains), he holidays in France (has money AND taste!), plays the guitar (extra-curricular star, plus sensitive, music-loving man), Gucci perfume (sophisticated metrosexual, probably has a feminine side), born with a silver spoon in his mouth, has a Papa who has great expectations of him (parents usually stop having false expectations of super-success when their kids turn 18, so this guy has something going for him), and is a "yaaron ka yaar" (a hit with his friends) and kudiyon mein kraze!!

But OH...MY...GOD!!...Pappu can't dance!!! Its the end of the world for him....Somebody please advise him to go sit in a dark corner of a room and slit his wrist...because he can't dance!!!

Its just soooooo irritating to hear a song that makes a big deal out of not being able to dance. "Dancing maketh the man" seems to be the new motto of the common wannabe in India. And sure enough, this being the "in" thing nowadays, being able to dance, will be top priority when it comes to choosing a boyfriend!

Ok, fine, I hate dancing. But it's not that I hate dancing so much, it's that I hate to go dancing. The bowel shaking earthquakes of bass and the piercing treble of an all too loud dance club make it impossible to think, drink and talk. I might as well click a flashlight in my face with a ice pick in my ear and an anvil on my chest.

So you ladies probably think, "Na...not boyfriend material. He is different than you." You think this because you met him at a club. The reality being, he was trying to get laid that night and he couldn't afford the really high class whores. Guys don't like going to those places. They only go now to keep you from wining, and don't want you to go alone, for fear you'll find a better liar than they are. They were just hoping they could just screw you for free. I really feel sorry for the poor asshole who goes to one of these places thinking he's going to meet someone. He'll have better luck walking with a white cane down a busy street at rush hour. At least then he won't get slapped for "accidentaly" groping a feel.

Let's talk about music for a second. It isn't music anymore. It's just a hopped up drum machine. My friend screams at me, "LET'S GO TO THE OTHER ROOM, I HATE THIS SONG." What song? This is the same floor banger I listened to an hour ago. Why do they even bother having DJ's? Do they play requests? "Hey we've got a very special dedication going out to a lovely couple, and for them I'm going to play, "Dance Mix Number 4." Replace these guys with the Drumulator 5000 and let it thump away all night.

I'll stop the post right here. Else my passionate hatred for dancing might make this too long a read...:-)

6 Comments:

Blogger Anisha Zaveri said...

Oh i love dance. I honestly don't think anyone can't like dance. I cannot perceive it at all. I used to be terrified of dance, until I joined salsa. i still am terrified, albeit a little less, but what I know, I love.

So i can't exactly relate to your post.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Abha said...

lol...terrible music, smell of a shit,anti-feminism etc.for watever reasons u take to writing,try writing things you LIKE in da next post!! i am looking forward to it!

10:17 AM  
Blogger Siddharth Joshi said...

i like to write about what i hate!! X-(

11:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

way to go honey! i hate to dance too..there now i atlast find someone who thus too! yaaaay!
but hey still would you like to dance on "nothing's gonna change my love for you" for a while..? *blush*

10:39 AM  
Blogger Siddharth Joshi said...

coooool....yup even i was tired of hearing "what??? u can't dance?? yakity yakity yak..."

i love u baby....would totally love to dance with you on any song, any day!! *blush*

10:17 PM  
Blogger Express said...

Yea, yea, absolutely!!!
u walk in this random party and all u r expected 2 do is shake that bloddy leg.

I WILL 'DANCE' WHEN I WANT TO!
I dont need ppl pulling me onto the dance floor and ask me 2 surrender 2 'keep the party alive' spirit!!

Thr r soo many good things 2 b done when friends get 2gether! that dhin-chak music and remixed bolly songs make me go, arrrggghhhh!!!!!

good. write abt stuff like that and ull get enthusiastic response :D
-Shatabdi [oh so jobless]
:D

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home