Sunday, June 15, 2008

Oh Crap!!!!!!!!!

Why do we like (or not dislike) the smell our own shit, but not that of another human being? My family eats the same stuff everyday and yet I cannot stand to be in the same room as one of them when they answer nature's call. But I am able to withstand methane fumes from my own body; to me, they smell slightly oakey with a hint of copper and peanut. To everyone else, they just smell like bad shit. Why?

I think certain crap smells are much more tolerable, or interesting, or whatever, than others, and it doesn't matter who they come out of, to my way of thinking. I also think the reverse is true: you can be sick with intestinal flu or have diarrhea and chase yourself out of the bathroom. Nothing is gonna make that bad boy smell good!

So I guess my take here is that certain foods can produce very rich and heady odors in healthy people, while others (or being ill) can create a real assault on the olfactory nerves.

I will agree with you on one point: it's certainly possible that the same people can eat the same food and produce different craps as a result. This has to be due to differing stomach, bile and bacterial conditions. But as a generalization, I can't agree that everyone else's shit but my own smells bad.

I'm also willing to bet that there are some people out there who don't like to smell their own shit. Not sure if they would be classified as shameful or not, but let's just say that if someone is not comfortable viewing or smelling their own shit, they may have some issues in general regarding the process and the substance!!! :-)

6 Comments:

Blogger simply me! said...

oh my god!!you got so much to talk about crap??? nice! :D

10:49 PM  
Blogger manisha said...

was dis written wen u were sitting on d pot...vaise i m wid u..evn i dnt like d smell of oders shit :P *thnk god i wasnt havin lunch while reading this..*

dis s a much avoided topic u discussed about...v shud hve debates n tawk bout dis

wat made u analysis such thngs bout shit..

real assault on olfactory nerves..ha ha...humor at its best..

cheers...

kip d shit coming...

bie

9:34 AM  
Blogger Siddharth Joshi said...

A
|
|
|


thats my mannuuu!! :-D

9:36 AM  
Blogger Abha said...

are u feeling better now?? :D

9:41 AM  
Blogger Alankar said...

I had heard abt sum shit-smellin guy. Its my honour to finally meet such a guy!
Would u plz do me a favor? Whenever I sit on da pot, I cover ma nose. So, will u smell my shit for me & plz post ur experience on my blog: http://guide2games.blogspot.com

2:27 AM  
Blogger Max said...

i wish i knew u blogged....

2:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home